Narrabri\\'s old gaol is part of an impressive complex of colonial government buildings which also includes the office of the court of petty sessions and the court house. The architect for this complex, James Barnet, also designed the Sydney General Post Office. The gaol opened in September 1882 and operated as such for exactly 100 years. It now provides an interesting insight to how things were in the past. The museum is housed in The Old Narrabri Gaol which is listed on the National Estate Register and classified by the National Trust. Exhibits are mounted in the cells, exercise yards and outbuildings. They consist mainly of historical items associated with life in the town of Narrabri and surrounding district.